Have you set up a password for your laptop?
If yes, then you must ask yourself,
“How can I unlock my laptop if I forgot the password” and know the solutions on time just in case it could happen to you.
When a laptop is locked out due to failing a password, some people would look for after-sales service or take the laptop to computer repair shops. Some may even directly choose system reinstallation or factory reset, which is completely undue. There are some other options for you to unlock a locked laptop without a password, at least by resetting or removing the forgotten password and with no data loss. The following options work fine for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 running on most laptops and desktop computers, including HP/DELL/LENOVO/SONY/ACER.
Options to Unlock my Laptop When Forgot Its Password
- 1: Unlock a locked laptop with a reset disk
- 2: Unlock a locked laptop without a disk
Unlock a Locked Laptop with a Reset Disk
Who can use the Windows installation disk and Windows password reset disk to unlock your laptop by resetting or removing the forgotten password?
- 1: Unlock with Windows password reset disk
- 2: Unlock with Windows installation disk
Unlock Laptop with Windows Password Reset Disk
- Windows OS running on your laptop comes with the “Create a password reset disk” function, which lets you create a password reset disk. If you create one such reset disk before forgetting your Windows password, once you are locked out of your laptop, you can use this disk to unlock your laptop easily.
- A reset password link will appear when you fail to log on with an incorrect password. You will see it under the Password box on the login screen. Click this link and insert your password reset disk into your laptop. Then follow the on-screen Password Reset Wizard to change or remove the forgotten password.
Unlock Windows Vista Password on Laptop
“How can you unlock your Windows Vista laptop password?”
If you also have forgotten or lost your Windows Vista login password and be locked out of your laptop, it causes tension, but don’t worry. The following methods introduced in this blog will help unlock Windows Vista passwords on laptops.
Unlock With Windows Vista Password Reset Disk
If you create a password reset disk on your laptop for a Windows Vista account before forgetting its password, it’s very sensible of you. Now, it’s time to use the disk to unlock your Windows Vista password.
When you input the wrong password to log on to Windows Vista, it displays a message showing” The user name or password is incorrect.” Click OK to close the message and go back to the login screen. Then you can see a Reset password link underneath the password box. Click the Reset password link.
Now, the Password Reset Wizard opens. Insert your Windows Vista password reset disk into your laptop’s disc drive. Then click next.
After it, select the drive letter of your password reset disk and click next.
Type a new password and type it again to confirm. Moreover, you can also leave the new password blank. Then click next.
Now, you have successfully reset your password. Finally, click Finish to close the wizard. Then you can unlock your laptop with the newly reset Windows vista password.
Unlock Windows Vista Password with a Built-In Administrator in Safe Mode
Forgot Windows Vista password no reset disk? Take it easy! Windows Vista creates one built-in administrator account during system installation. And this admin account doesn’t display on the logon screen when Windows starts normally, and you will see it on the login screen when Windows boots up in Safe Mode. The admin account is disabled, and the password is blank by default. If you ever enabled this built-in admin account and did not change its password, now unlock your Windows Vista laptop password with the built-in Administrator in safe mode.
Start or restart your laptop. Now press and hold F8 until getting to Advanced Boot Options. Choose Safe Mode by ↑ and ↓ keys and hit Enter.
The Windows files will be loaded and then displayed on the login screen. Log in to Windows Vista as the account named Administrator.
Note: If the “Administrator” account doesn’t appear on the login screen, click Switch User and select the “Administrator” account to log on.
Now remove other user accounts’ passwords in Control Panel.
1. Click Start and select Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, double-click User Accounts.
3. Click the Manage another account link.
4. Now, choose the user account whose password you forgot.
5. Click Change the password link or Remove the password link.
After changing or removing your forgotten password, you can unlock your laptop with the new Windows Vista password.
Unlock Windows Vista password with iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer
There was no reset disk when you forgot the Windows Vista password, and the built-in Administrator is disabled; take it easy. iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer can help unlock your laptop by resetting/removing your Windows Vista password.
Download and install iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer on anyone accessible laptop/desktop.
Burn a bootable disk.
1. Insert a USB or CD/DVD flash drive into that computer with Windows Password Refixer installed.
2. Run Windows Password Refixer and choose your media type.
3. Select the name of your flash drive and click Begin burning.
4. Agree to format your flash drive.
5. Burn successfully, and you get a bootable password reset disk.
Boot your locked laptop from the bootable disk.
Reset the Windows Vista password.
Select your Windows Vista system and password-forgotten user account and click Reset Password.
You can be asked if you want to set this user password to blank. Click yes to agree.
- Then who will remove your Windows Vista password? You have successfully unlocked your Windows Vista password and acquired access to your laptop.
- The above unlocking Windows Vista passwords work on laptops and desktops or tablets.